VETERAN POLITICIAN FORMER SENATOR ERNESTO MACEDA has listed Davao City’s First District Congressman Isidro Ungab as among the Top Ten Performing Congressmen for 2014. Cong. Ungab is the chair of the powerful Committee on Ways and Means and Appropriations. He made his mark recently with his authorship of the Sin Tax Bill which was approved over strong opposition from big business.
Cong. Ungab also took the center stage in his defense of the General Appropriations Act of 2015.
Maceda who writes a column in the Philippine Star regularly comes out with his annual list of top performers of the House of Representatives.
In his December 13 column, SEARCH FOR TRUTH, Maceda named the the top peforming congressmen as:
1. Isidro Ungab (Davao City, 3rd District)
2. Neri Colmenares ( Bayan Muna)
3. Tobias Tiangco (Navotas)
4. Roman Romulo (Pasig)
5. Reynaldo Umali (Oriental Mindoro)
6. Rufus Rodriguez (Cagayan de Oro)
7. Sherwin Gatchalian (Valenzuela)
8. Georgina de Venecia (Pangasinan)
9. Georgidi Aggabao (Isabela)
10. Rodolfo Fariñas (Ilocos, Norte)
11. Ferdinand Martin Romualdez (Leyte)
13. Ben Evardone (Eastern Samar)
14. Albee Benitez (Negros Occidental)
15. Miro Quimbo (Marikina)